Head of Data Domain Information Architecture
Imagine a job where… You will be responsible for defining & then delivering the Data & Information Architecture Vision / Strategy for one of the worlds leading geospatial organisations. You will play a critical role in the development of data solutions & capabilities and be at the heart of an organisation with a clear strategy to become a World Class Geospatial business leveraging its data assets. My client is responsible for the collection, integration of key geospatial content that underpins the national information & data infrastructure. OS are required to deliver an increasing diversity of high quality geospatial and other data content to a wide range of industries. This position offers the opportunity to be at the forefront of the data transformation agenda to give our customers the data capabilities & services they need.
The purpose of this role as the Head of Data Domain Information Architecture and Modelling, is to define & lead how we will improve our ability to leverage our Data and analytics architectures. As the Lead Data Architect, you will be responsible for defining the vision, strategy and principles for enterprise data management, delivering the data management road-maps, standards, tooling and policies, as well as guiding the realisation of the strategy, and leading the development of data architecture artefacts.
You’ll be the leading subject matter expert driving business enablement by serving as a liaison between key data consumers, solution development, integration and governance teams, working alongside Enterprise Architecture and IT to inform, educate and enforce data management. You will liaise closely with business and solution architects to maintain mapping of key data to processes and applications, and to ensure that application and technology solutions are aligned to enterprise data management principles and policies. The ability to interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups is essential as you will be supporting key projects across the business, working with Proposition, Product Managers and Business Analysts to understand and define the business context of how data is/will be used to meet the OS strategic goals and the implications for people, processes and technology.
The Lead Data Architect will lead the development of viable business relationships with key strategic partners to develop technical solutions. You will also be responsible for engaging with external policy and standards organisations to develop best practices for geospatial data management and using your expertise to provide consultancy services to our external customers, helping them to develop their own enterprise data management capabilities.
What we look for
Whether you’re building strong relationships with stakeholders or making sure that data solutions are aligned to business and technical strategies, you’ll be working to deliver real and demonstrable value to the business. Strong leadership experience in data architecture is therefore essential, as is the ability to create and articulate appropriate solution concepts for a variety of stakeholders. You will be a customer focused, goal orientated individual, able to coach and mentor where appropriate and possess the ability to work at a strategic enterprise level to help inform direction of travel as well as engaging with and communicating this down to the macro level in detailed delivery of the roadmap.
In addition, we look for the following:
- Appropriate and demonstrable experience as a Lead Data Architect
- Experience in/awareness of Cloud services – IAAS, SAAS, PAAS etc. and solutions from cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, and Oracle
- Experience in/awareness of Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) between legacy, COTS and bespoke applications
- Working knowledge of legislation and regulation governing data access, storage, protection and retention
- Experience of collaborating with colleagues that focus on other enterprise architecture domains including business architecture, application architecture, and technical architecture – and able to explain how the data architecture domain fits with these
- Demonstrable experience, and appreciation of the relative merits of a variety of database technologies e.g. relational, NoSQL, graph, as well as related technologies and concepts such as data warehouses, data lakes, etc.
- Experience in Data Management and Governance tools e.g. data modelling, migration, MDM, RDM, Metadata, profiling, ETL, Orchestration
- Keeps track of innovations and innovative companies in the relevant areas e.g. Data Management, Analytics and Data Science
- Practitioner certification in ToGAF, DAMA and/or equivalent frameworks
- A great pension scheme
- Salary circa £95,000
- Performance related bonus
- 25 days annual leave (30 days after five years) bank holidays and an extra 3 days over Christmas
- Flexible working
- Retail, leisure, sports, health and technology discounts
- Paid volunteer day
- Training and development opportunities to keep your skills current
- Access to social clubs including running, volleyball, yoga, photography and our choir
If this role is not for you, have a look at our other jobs.
Call us now on 01173 155 276
Position Contact: Katie Hill
File upload limit - 5Mb
Allowed files - .pdf .doc .docx
Senior Database Engineer
Very Competitive (Perm)
Are you a highly motivated Senior Database Engineer with a passion for “Big Data”? If you are looking for the...
Regional Senior Digital Marketing Executive
£30,000 - £34,000 (Perm)
My client is looking for a Regional Senior Digital Marketing Executive to assist in the development and execution of a...
Senior Performance Media Manager
My client is a fast paced and progressive global sports media broadcasting company, who are looking for a Senior Performance...