Director of Data and Analytics
Up to £120k
0203 854 8484
You’ll be working with a rapidly growing and dynamic global media business. The data and analytics team is a small team which is based across their global offices in the UK and New York. They are responsible for the providing performance insight for all of the company’s products and services.
The insight drives performance optimisation throughout the organization, driving product development and strategic decision making. The team also own the data strategy and governance as well as maintaining and developing the customer database, software and reporting infrastructure.
Core responsibilities of the team also include reporting, insight, analysis and campaign effectiveness as well as providing sales forecasting solutions.
The role of Director of Data and Analytics is an organisational leader with a passion for data and analysis who has a clear vision for how data can transform company strategy. The role requires hands on leadership to mentor the existing data analytics team and drive the level of analysis and insight to the next level.
- Drive the scope and effectiveness of the data and analysis function
- Create a common data framework so that all company data can be analysed in a unified and consistent manner e.g. one version of the truth and consistent application of KPIs
- Create and execute a plan to develop and mature our ability to measure and optimise audience growth and the effectiveness of our monetisation strategies
- Develop a roadmap for the data and analytics function that clearly shows mid and long term objectives and how to achieve these
- Collaborate with all functions of the company to ensure data needs are addressed and the required data is modeled and available to analysts and end-users
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science, or a related field
- Knowledge of Data Analytics, CRM systems, A/B Testing, digital ecosystem (web analytics, advertising and eCommerce)
- Robust knowledge of digital platforms
- 6+ years of experience in digital analytics or related fields
- Substantial Postgraduate work or equivalent experience (Masters or PhD) in a quantitative field such as math, physics, computer science or statistics
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a senior leadership position managing an analytics team
- Hands on experience with Google Analytics and Qlikview
- A deep understanding of leveraging data to optimise and enhance business performance
- Exceptional organisational, presentation, and communication skills – both verbal and written
- An innovative, problem-solving and solutions-oriented mindset with the ability to develop new tactics and address implementation obstacles
- Ability to interact with and build relationships with all levels of end-users, including executive leadership, and technical resources
- Strong leadership capability with a coaching and mentoring style
- Ability to work at pace and adapt quickly to changing organisational context
- A global mindset
- Unlimited paid time off
- Every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of their financial year
- Free food (monthly munchies, bagel Fridays, fresh fruit & snacks and coffee and tea on tap)
- Free digital magazine subscriptions
- Discounted gym membership and onsite health & wellbeing