CRM Manager – Central London
CRM Manager – Central London
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a specialist CRM function with a cross-organisational remit, working collaboratively across the organisation to develop and co-ordinate a programme of communication that strengthens engagement. The function will play an important role in helping us growing our active and engaged customer database, leveraging an investment in marketing automation technology (Adobe Campaign Standard) – which forms part of a significant data and technology programme – to deliver a great customer experience at every touch point.
The team will work closely with other teams with a cross-organisational role who play an important part in CRM and support the teams responsible for technical implementation, maintenance and optimisation of our CRM systems. The team will have expertise in CRM, marketing automation and marketing communication, content and data, and will have strong technical skills for programme and multi-channel comms execution. Content will be a focus, along with building the capability to deliver appropriate messaging to different audiences rapidly in response to external events.
About the Role
This new role has been introduced to implement the new central CRM function’s strategy and work closely with business teams to develop their CRM capability. Working closely with the Head of CRM, you will be responsible for delivering the vision for marketing automation and supporting teams right across the organisation to implement plans aligned with our strategic objectives, business goals and KPIs and enabling the organisation to deliver on it.
Working with our technology programme project managers, you will be supporting the launch of the new marketing automation platform, enabling teams to make best use of the technology in achieving their business objectives, and co-ordinating the programme of supporter communications across all life-stages.
• Work with the Head of CRM to champion a cultural shift from channel to audience focus; supporting teams across the organisation to deliver to their specific business objectives within
• Build and deploy email campaigns, demonstrating expertise in, and a thorough technical understanding of, email marketing and marketing automation. Knowledge of other personalised
channels (Text, Social Media, Web, DM, Outbound calling) and their integration is desirable
• Monitor and report on campaign performance on an ongoing basis, analysing campaigns against established metrics. Review database health regularly and work with stakeholder teams in
• Help stakeholders identify any issues with, or gaps in, their customer experience and journeys; work to create optimised journeys based on behavioural data, segmentation and insight.
• Work with stakeholders to continually test programmes and triggers – creative, strategy, targeting and relevancy; implement complex test and learn rules within workflows
• Work with the Marketing, Digital and Creative teams to create engaging, compelling content that elevates our brand and is tailored to specific audiences and purposes across the
programme, assisting business owners with content curation as required.
• Contribute to a technical roadmap that ensures the right capabilities are in place for future growth, monitoring external trends and emerging technologies and putting forward
recommendations for enhancements.
• Take responsibility for changes to the new marketing automation platform in supporting the needs of the business, particularly where it impacts on marketing communications and the
implementation of CRM programmes
• At least three years’ experience in CRM and marketing automation, with a strong track record of delivering successful integrated marketing and communications programmes at scale
• Extensive experience using data to drive optimisation of marketing campaigns throughout all campaign lifecycle stages, i.e., planning, delivery and reporting.
• Demonstrable expertise in all aspects of automated marketing delivery with hands on experience of using Adobe Campaign (ideally) in a previous role, or other Enterprise Marketing
automation platforms (Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Eloqua, Unica).
• Experience of delivering multi-channel CRM programmes, ideally in an industry where customer retention is key.
• Investment and enable continuous improvement
• Experience of working with data for marketing; proficient in briefing/performing complex selections and working with models/segmentation
Thorough understanding of:
o CRM tactics and channels
o Appropriate database and campaign reporting metrics
o Response-driven design, copy and creative
o Dynamic content
o HTML and knowledge of web technologies
o Experience of UAT for Marketing Automation
o Experience of working with Segmentation for marketing
o Customer databases including relational databases
o GDPR and other relevant data regulations
o Excel for data analysis
o Creative problem-solving skills with focus on efficient execution while balancing big-picture thinking
o Highly collaborative approach
o 30 Days annual Leave plus 8 bank holidays,
o 8% pension,
o Life assurance 2 x Salary
o Season ticket load
o Flexible Working
o Other soft benefits