Director of Marketing Data and Technology
Director of Marketing Data and Technology, Central London, up to £150,000 plus excellent benefits and bonus
To join one of the UK’s leading digital marketing agencies, which has a strong, credible and well-established brand in an environment in which specialises in a range of customer, data, marketing and technology disciplines to create unique marketing solutions for the world’s biggest brands.
You will be responsible for shaping the strategy for their services, including the identification of appropriate partners, adoption of new technology tools, cloud systems and marketing applications. Whilst, working with clients to help them create appropriate technology roadmaps, ensuring they continue to provide relevant services that drive value and stay on top of technology trends and developments.
Duties as Director of Marketing Data and Technology:
- Team Management – manage team performance and skills development of the team and build/grow to ensure it has the appropriate skills to deliver to our clients
- Management of Delivery – Ensure effective SLA’s are in place for core clients and ensure they are met and build and maintain high quality, performant solutions with effective processes e.g. release management, system upgrades, SOW approvals, incident management
- Manage the product development team to ensure successful delivery of new products and services
- Resource and commercial management – Create and/or approve SOW’s for client solutions and ensure effective on time and to budget delivery, delivering high quality and meeting project scope
- Managing the technology budget, including infrastructure, software licensing, investment in product development and resources.
- Optimise the resources and skills, within commercial constraints, to meet the needs of the business, both now and in the medium term.
- Pre-Sales Support – Contribute to proposals and RFP responses, including cost and profit estimates and support in pitch process and ongoing solution development, as required
Skills, knowledge and experience required
- Strategy Development – experience of setting the technology direction for a marketing technology focussed business with proven history of delivering such change.
- Leadership – Should have experience of managing and motivating highly skilled and experienced teams.
- Operational Management – Extensive experience of leading an operational business. Must be able to set high standards for delivery and ensure delivery on time, to scope and on budget. There is scope to look at the current operating model and determine how it should be shaped to meet growth aspirations.
- Technology Experience – Will have a good understanding of the main marketing technology platforms and will understand how they can be used to deliver capability in client organisations, including
- Solid experience of Enterprise Databases, ETL, data analysis & design, cloud platforms
- Data Compliance & Security – will have a deep understanding of the challenges around data compliance and secure data management, ensuring our solutions are developed and managed in accordance with best practice.
- Project delivery – The ideal candidate will have developed a best practice approach to project delivery, testing and documentation.
- Client Facing – Must be able to demonstrate credibility and knowledge in a client environment, including business development opportunities. Should have strong rapport building skills and experience of managing a large number of key stakeholders.
- Commercial – Should be able to successfully cost a project and ensure its profitable delivery. Should also be able to negotiate terms so that the companies interests are protected.
Please get in touch if you’d like to know more information about this Director of Marketing Data and Technology position!