GIS Data Technician x 2
This role would be suitable for either a recent Masters (MSc) Grad or someone with previous experience of working with GIS data.
Data is central to our client’s service offering. This role sits within their team who are responsible for processing and releasing the data into their data products. The data contains information such as demographics, street mapping and retail location data for both the UK and globally.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development, production and internal delivery of datasets and products, as well as assisting users within the business in understanding and working with our data.
This role will involve:
- Sourcing data from suppliers then cleaning, verifying, reformatting and enhancing using various software tools (Python OR SQL OR SAS)
- Transferring data into their proprietary Geographical Information System (GIS)
- Building databases and modelling systems for their GIS system
- Developing new data products
- Internal dissemination of data within the company, to drive applications across a wide range of sectors (e.g. retail, leisure, finance, health, local government, marketing)
- Supporting the wider business on the data products
Core skills, knowledge and experience required
The successful candidate will have a degree (2:1 or above) in mathematics or other numerate subject, and have the following attributes:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent numerical skills
- A passion for problem solving, able to translate general requirements into specific actions
- Programming knowledge, ideally using Python and/or SAS
- A self-disciplined, and energetic person who works well under pressure and meets deadlines