• Totaljobs reported almost 200,000 new applications on their platform when lockdown began in March 2020.
• Latest research by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) shows that 1 in 3 UK employers expect to make redundancies between July and September 2020.
• Data shows a spike in UK IT job adverts as companies respond to the demand for digital transformation.
• Organisations are reporting up to 60% of job applications come from unsuitable candidates, making identifying the right candidate time-consuming and costly.
• Many internal hiring teams have experienced a reduction in resources due to redundancies and furlough, making managing internal processes more challenging than usual.
• Bodhi provide a number of solutions that solve these issues, from outsourcing your recruitment or using us tactically for niche, hard-to-fill vacancies.
When lockdown began in March, Totaljobs reported almost 200,000 new applications on their platform as candidate activity rose amid uncertainty. In June, Pay-As-You-Earn Real-Time Information (PAYE RTI) reported a 2.2% decline in payrolled employers on March.
As Gerwyn Davies, an advisor at the the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), explains, "Until now, redundancies have been low - no doubt due to the Job Retention Scheme - but we expect to see more redundancies come through this autumn, especially in the private sector once the scheme
Last month, a survey of more than 2,000 employers by the CIPD showed that 1 in 3 (33%) intended to make redundancies in the coming months. Almost half (49%) said they planned to hire, indicating increased confidence compared to March, when only 40% said they planned to hire.
There has, unsurprisingly, been a rise in job adverts in recent weeks across the IT sector. “We’ve seen two years of digital transformation happening in the space of two weeks,” TechUK’s deputy chief executive Antony Walker told the BBC. “UK firms of all sizes are realising that digital skills are crucial to all parts of their business.” However, a key challenge is dealing with large amounts of irrelevant candidates with some companies reporting that up to 60% of applications they receive are unsuitable.
If you’re an HR, Hiring or Talent Manager, there's a good chance you’re receiving a high amount of new job applications. Whilst it's good to have access to new talent, being overwhelmed with eager candidates is demanding when trying to identify the best.
Navigating large amounts of unsuitable CVs to find crucial talent that is right for your organisation is time-consuming, costly, and never guaranteed. When combined with remote interviewing and recruitment processes, ensuring you hire the right candidate for your critical role can become a gamble many can’t afford to get wrong.
You may also be experiencing changing circumstances, such as the reduction of your workforce, resources and a broader remit. Not only does this affect the handling of the application process but makes identifying the right candidates more challenging than usual.
Aligning your hiring processes to deal with rising applications has become a critical step in ensuring you hire the talent you need and don’t lose out to your competition.
Does your current process guarantee access to the top 10% of data science, analytics, technology, or digital talent?
At Bodhi, we have a number of solutions that can help solve these issues. Whether it's outsourcing your recruitment and using Bodhi as your internal team, or using us tactically for niche, hard-to-fill vacancies where it's vital to find experts with specific skills sets or experience, we can help.
Our solutions will streamline your hiring process and provide you with a dedicated, specialist resource that will deliver only the most suitable candidates that fit your requirements. You will benefit from our exclusive network and we provide a modern, VIP candidate experience that will strengthen your employer value proposition to attract the best candidates to your critical data and digital roles.
Stop spending time managing unsuitable candidates and focus on your key objectives. Contact Bodhi today on 0330 335 0464 or email email@example.com.